On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 3:58 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'd expect the width to be the width of the bollard and maxwidth the (in
> theory "legal") width of the vehicle that can pass through (e.g. number
> taken by reading off a sign) and you might want to add
> maxwidth:physical=1.22m (the actual maximum width of a vehicle or person
> that can pass through).

Oregon's got some badly designed cycleways, since in theory anything human
powered up to 3 feet wide can legally traverse unless otherwise signed, but
there are bollards and bike barriers that are closer spaced than this and
present a real hazard (particularly underwidth bicycle barriers, since
these tend to have other spacing problems that make larger standard
bicycles and some increasingly common varieties (particularly larger ones
like goods bikes
<http://dguides.com/portland/events/upcoming-events/the-school-lunch-shakedown-tour-wheels-around-portland-free-salads-september-24-25-2011/>,
bikes with extended wheelbases <http://bakfiets.nl/eng/>, or pretty
much anything
pulling trailers
<http://www.utilitycycling.org/2011/01/carrying-your-stuff-bicycle-cargo-trailers/>,
that are otherwise perfectly legal, difficult to completely impossible to
navigate).  In other words:  A potential tag combination might be
maxwidth=3', maxwidth:physical=2'3"...