On 26/02/2015 8:33 PM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
Hi Warin,

Why rush? I don't think it's a question of how long the discussion
took. The proposal still has open issues, some of which are even
mentioned in the proposal page itself. So what are we voting for? It
would be better to close the open issues (or at least remove the
options that cause them), and vote for something definite.

I vote against, not because I am against the proposal, but because it
is not finished yet.
The 'outstanding issue' is heated and cooled? For an area that is 'adjusted' for only some of the time?

Describing that using the word temperature .... I have not solution for that .. and no one has suggested one.

For example an object can be heated by 100 K .. and still be cold .. if depends on what the temperature of the object was at the start. So the descriptions 'heated' or 'cooled' are not able to be described using a simple temperature= tag. To 'discuss' this around and around for lots of time is pointless.

I think the 'heating' and 'cooling' problem needs a lot more thought .. but temperature= is not the solution for it.

The 'adjustable' value has been criticised as having no limits ... the suggestion is to use a sub tag say for example adjustable:range=cold to hot. That would need another proposal.

Cheers,
Kotya