Okay. I’ve made some clarifications to the proposal (avoid confusion
with coordination of traffic signals along a length of road …).

The remaining problem is the tag value “type=traffic_signals_group”. I
agree that “group” is not the best choise. We could maybe switch to
“type=traffic_signals_set”. (I would avoid “intersection_set” because
the relation isn’t restricted to intersections, but could theretically
also be used for pedestrian crossings on straight road; probably there
is not so much need, but I don’t wont to exclude this use case.)

So our choise could be “type=traffic_signals_set”?

> Looks like this has already been discussed .. in 2008 to 2011.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Set_of_Traffic_Signals
> No outcome for that ..
> Past discussion looks to have pointed to a relation ... the relation
> contains each node of traffic_light and can have a name= tag.
>
> I use 'set' because that is how they are called here in Australasia ..
> and it looks to be used in the UK too  ...
>
> http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Pages/UTC-fault-reporting-form.aspx
>

> On 26/02/2015 4:55 PM, John Willis wrote:
>> If group is not a good word, then "set" is a good alternative.
>>
>> Javbw
>>

>> On Feb 26, 2015, at 8:33 AM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This could be confused with the coordination of traffic signals along
>>> a length of road or even a district wide coordination of traffic
>>> light signals.
>>> I think it needs some words that restrict it to a single intersection?
>>>
>>> And possibly some thought to where a length of road (many
>>> intersections) or a district wide coordination of traffic signals
>>> occurs? If the name 'traffic signals group' is taken what name would
>>> you give this? May be a different name for this 'group'? Such as ?
>>> traffic signals set?

Lukas Sommer