The Wiki is very clear (in several languages) as what a survey point is, but is there some other meaning that mappers understand this term to mean? The reason I ask is that I often come across man_made=survey_point tags that have been added to other objects. Not infrequently this tag replaces an existing man_made=* tag, even though other tags describing the original object remain. This then creates a nonsensical set of tags. I have just come across these tags added to some buoys in the middle of the River Maas! As is often the case, the changeset was un-commented, so I have added a query comment to see if I can discover what was in that mappers mind.