On 12/03/2015 5:39 PM, Friedrich Volkmann wrote:
I think that we should explicitly include or exclude steepness in the smoothness definition. Opinions?

Exclude. 'Steepness' is covered by the incline tag.
There is no mention of width or surface in the smoothness tag.. nor should there be. The surface=concrete can be very smooth, rough or impassable. Still a concrete surface.

Numbers? Something like?

Very smooth = less than 1 mm bumps (rise/fall) in a  1 square metre area?
Impassable = >0.3 m bumps in a 1 square metre area?

I'm not suggesting measuring it objectively .. but subjectively it gives an idea?