Adding new value to a bicycle tag is a terrible idea. There is a widespread
support for bicycle=designated
and retagging cycleways to bicycle=obligatory would result in a breaking
data.

Note also existence of bicycle=use_sidepath that is solving this problem
without breaking data.

New key, something like bicycle:obligatory=yes would be acceptable.