On 03/04/15 17:09, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
I appreciate your effort to bring more clarity in the different wiki statuses. However, I don't think changing the status 'Approved' to 'Published' is a good idea. In my opinion, 'approved' is exactly what it is: a proposal approved by the OSM community.

I couldn't disagree more. The list of 'approved' have not been approved by the community, they have received a tick in a list from tiny number of people in the community. Not only is this an insignificant number of people but there are no controls to remove sock puppets and in no way can this properly be called a vote.

The fact that only a small number of people vote is not relevant, as anybody in the community can get involved in the tag selection process if they want to.

Just because people are able to get involved doesn't mean that they will know the process even exists, how to get involved, want to or even care. Most people will just use the presets in an editor and may not even know what a tag is. Saying people can get involved, when we know almost no-one does, doesn't justify calling tag approved.

There are no approved tags in OSM.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly