> But there's no (easy) way to define an address connected to an unnamed road.
> Way numbers
> are not supported for addr:street, afik.

most residential roads are totally unnamed in Japan. Most larger roads have a
number (and a name). motorways (outside Tokyo) have only names.

What we would call street address numbers they call lot numbers, done in an odd
grid arrangement from larger neighborhood blocks, which is very similar to
campground numbering -

Occasionally site #1 is next to site #23, but when viewed on a map the pattern
of the numbering makes logical sense.

So following the same labeling system as apartment numbers, building refs on a
single campus, or other non-street related ref systems should work for
campsites.

Javbw