shop=hifi has almost 6000 uses, so it must fill a need for some people.
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/shop=hifi

If hifi is too specific for you, you could always use shop=electronics.

Also, there is this note on the hifi wiki page regarding hifi vs.
electronics:
"The suggested distinction is that a shop=electronics shop is "primarily
focused on consumer electronics, and may sell hi-fi components, but is not
focused on them and not a meeting point for audiophiles", However that's
quite a subtle and subjective distinction, and something which may be
better represented as a property tag of a shop=electronics"

(side note: looking at a random assortment in the UK, I do see some "hifi"
that might be mistagged--for example, I'd expect HMV to be tagged as
shop=music not shop=hifi?)

Cheers, Brad