On 14.05.2015 23:17, André Pirard wrote:
> On 2015-05-13 16:49, Robin `ypid` Schneider wrote :
>> Hi
>>
>> This can already be done, no problem. It is even described on the key page
>> [1].
>> Just search for "on appointment".
> Typical of that page, you discover "on appointment" by chance in an
> example dealing with fallback.
> I have read that page throughout 36 times, that's what one must do for
> each question.
> And you make me discover a very fundamental rule I didn't notice after
> 36 readings: that the tokens can be literal strings. And I wonder how
> software supposed to tell whether it's open can understand strings.
> Thanks.

Software is not supposed to evaluate comments in opening_hours (although there
has been an discussion about this [2]). I just added an explanation for the use
of comments [3]. I hope this helps.

About the complexity:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/23332#comment27468
You are welcome to write good documentation/tutorials for normal mappers.

The thing which really helped me to understand opening_hours in OSM was the
syntax specification [4]. I would recommend everyone to try to wrap your head
around it.

[2]:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:opening_hours#women.2Fmen-only_days
[3]: