Am 19.05.2015 um 14:40 schrieb Daniel Koć:
> W dniu 19.05.2015 14:25, SomeoneElse napisał(a):
>
>> Also, it's worth mentioning that despite people sometimes describing
>> OSM as "unfriendly" the vast majority of changeset discussion
>> comments, especially to new users, are very friendly and "happy to
>> help".
>
> That's why I want to have some hard data: we really don't know it (on
> the whole project level) what are the common problems or how many casual
> mappers gets the help. We just imagine a lot or know the things only on
> the local level.
>
> Let's simply ask them - short survey for iD users after 30-90 days in
> the project or 50-100 edits (whatever comes first) may give us nice
> metric to think what can we do better.

There has been at least one study which gave indications why people stop
contributing (main reason given was time). I don't think that we are
imagining things nor do can I see anything special about OSM in this
respect (a couple of examples have already been given, another one from
me: SCUBA diving, an incredible number of people have done it at least
once, still there is only a low number that actually make it a real
hobby, much to the frustration of the people in the business :-)).

As to how many mappers get a welcome, given that I on my own do roughly
1% of all new mappers (aka 1000/year) for SOSM, I suspect that in total
we are talking of a higher double digit percentage.

Simon