On 25 May 2015 at 09:14, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> have a look at these housenumbers, they're 5 and 7 for this side of the
>>> building (one big hotel), but the main address is from the main street
>>> (front of the buikding) and is different.
>>>
>>> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-it/attachments/20150520/465c45fc/attachment-0001.jpg
>>>

>>> I'm not even sure whether both of these are doors or just one
>>>

>> need more info - Google streetview link?
>>

> Here you are, please also have a look at the opposite side of the road,
> there is also a building with different housenumbers (because every
> entrance is assigned a housenumber there, even if it's not an actual
> entrance but a "possible" entrance (e.g. at some time in the past there was
> an entrance)).
>
> https://www.google.it/maps/@41.889945,12.498432,3a,75y,295.64h,97.03t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sFHbNr6r2HbfpCK-bhCoVRQ!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en
>
> Please also note that there aren't necessarily "letterboxes", rather the
> opposite, there won't be a letterbox if it is a lateral entrance (or even
> window) which is not used as an entrance.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

CONGRATULATIONS ! You win the award for the best puzzle of the year! It
appears to be a loose numbering system for identifying entrances rather
than properties. On that street, 8 and 10 are the same property, it appears
- but more interestingly, at the back of the hotel, there are about 4
entrances all numbered "2" and two entrances not numbered at all.

What did you have in mind you wanted to do with those ?

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>