On 29 May 2015 at 14:16, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> This falls flat in areas where the postal service ignores the ground truth
> and invents their own addresses (similarly: postal ZIPs versus census
> ZIPs).  Rural routes are just one example of this.  I'd be more willing to
> say "What address would 911 use?" or "What does the county cadastre list it
> as?"  These are very likely to be the same.
>
> ___

911 ! - Reminds me of a time I reported a vehicle fire in Avenue Road,
Nechells - only to be told they didn't have an Avenue Road in Nechells but
one in Aston - it's the same street, different ends. Of course the fire
engine went all the way to Aston then drove back to Nechells to deal with
the fire.

Sensible route
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=mapquest_car&route=52.4630%2C-1.8840%3B52.4934%2C-1.8779#map=14/52.4788/-1.8733>
Route taken
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=mapquest_car&route=52.46297%2C-1.88403%3B52.49658%2C-1.88523#map=14/52.4804/-1.8823>

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to the country's ongoing harassment of me, my
family, property & pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>