On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 01:57:52PM +0200, Dominik George wrote:

> Ah. You think the OP is talking about *real-world* objects and how to
> tag them. I was thinking they are talking about bugs in the map ;).

yes, I was talking about real world objects that are represented as
nodes in OSM

> In that case, I believe the layer=* tag should be used instead, giving
> the object the same layer as the tunnel or bridge.

not such a good solution.

For real-world-node-objects where the node is part of the tunnel/bridge
way I think it can be expected that his node implicitly shares the tunnel
+layer values.

That leaves the problem with objects where the node is *not* part of the
tunnel/bridge way such as a waste basket next to the way.
Seems like in this case a relation is needed ?

Richard