From my experience, department stores allow you to pay separately in each department, but don't generally require you to do so, except for items that are both valuable and easily concealed, such as jewelry.

--
John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

On August 28, 2015 9:16:48 AM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

sent from a phone

Am 28.08.2015 um 15:33 schrieb Philip Barnes <p...@trigpoint.me.uk>:

In a department store I would pay for each item individually, in the
department and hence have three transactions.

And you would have often less trouble finding someone who can give you advice.

cheers
Martin