On 9 September 2015 21:46:54 GMT+01:00, "André Pirard"
<a.pirard.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>There are various reasons for warning other mappers to be careful about
>their updates.
>I once temporarily overlaid two walking routes to show the effect of
>displaying two sorts of icons.
>Or I left in for a while drawing errors of a plugin as the best way to
>show the author what I talk about.
>Despite a don't touch note explaining why, a good soul passes, not
>reading note and makes a "correction".

Please run experiments like this on a test db, not on the main one. It's easy
to point your editor to dev.openstreetmap.org for example (quoting from memory,
not 100% sure). You never know when a data consumer will stumble upon your
experiment, live or in a downloaded snapshot. Nobody expects osm data to be
perfect all the time, but there's no point in knowingly making it worse.
--
Vincent Dp