Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net> writes:

> On 9/13/15 5:38 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
>> On 9/10/2015 5:20 AM, Joachim wrote:

>>> Tools to help enforcing the obligatory usage:
>>> [...]
>>> - No routing over undefined oneways

>> The chances of anyone implementing this in their routing engine are
>> approximately zero.

> quite. there are sections of motorway_link highways along the taconic
> parkway in NY which are two way and so lack oneway tags. now it's not
> that hard to go through and fix it, but i'm reasonably sure this is
> not the only place where this situation exists.

My impression is that for motorway_link, 2-way traffic is unusual.   So
I wonder about a maproulette challenge that tries to identify
motorway_links that
  - lack a one_way tag
  - appear to be 2-way from geometry (the hard part)

I would also think that motorway_links that are 2-way would connect to
1-way segments for the actual on/offramp; that could help in identifying
them.  If they are right angle with a stop sign, that seems like a clue
for trunk vs motorway.