> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:18:37 +0200
> From: ricoz....@gmail.com
> To: tagging@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Modelling the relation between a waterstream and one
> of its resurgence
> missing data should not prevent the mapping of known good data. If it has
> been established as
> the "main route" than it is fine to map that. We have rivers with side
> channels and branches
> that aren't completely mapped either.

Yes, but if I try to map these waterways as a single one, it will no longer
represent the official modelling of the stream, which is: two separate streams,
one meeting the other on a downstream section. Modelling them as one would
destroy the current modelling, so how can I map the connection without altering
the current data?
> Not much different from confluence points of large rivers?
Well, the stream feeded by the other is 126 km long, and it's spring,
resurgence of the other, is around 50 km away from the second so it can't be
just modelled as a branch of the other.