Paul Johnson wrote:
> You're blaming the community for a software issue here, and that's a
> little unfair to the community.  If iD or potlatch or whatever are that
> broken, then fucking fix iD and Potlatch.

Firstly, you are not helping your cause by being so gratuitously offensive,
though I regret to say that prior experience makes this no surprise to me.

Secondly, you underestimate the effort required. To do it properly and
lessen the chance of multiple relations being accidentally created for the
same route (as continues to happen with NCN routes in the UK and elsewhere),
it will need either a new API search method or a dependency on Overpass.
Adding a dependency to a third-party service is not (in my view) appropriate
for a core editor hosted on osm.org.

With that in mind, I look forward to your work "fix"ing things rather than
simply using the mailing lists to offensively demand that others do your
bidding.

Richard