Am Montag, den 29.02.2016, 12:01 +0100 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny:
> On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:21:44 +0100
> David Marchal <pene...@live.fr> wrote:
>

> > Hello, there.
> >
> > I wondered: I saw the' tributary' role on some waterway relations;
> > while I understand its usage — to represent the fact that a
> > waterway
> > flows into another —, I would like to know if it is widespread or
> > even widely accepted, if not voted on wiki, as JOSM complains about
> > not knowing it every time I use it.
> >
> > Awaiting your answers,
> >
> > Regards.
>
> For such purposes taginfo is an useful tool - see
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org//search?q=tributary
>
> It seems to be used extremely rarely. Also, this information is
> duplicating geometry of waterways - somebody who needs it may get it
> by
> constructing waterway graph.

It's mainly/only used in France. France used/uses this schema:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Frodrigo/Relation:Waterway

It has been dropped during the voting/unification for the waterway
relation definition.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:waterway

If you need the graph you can trace the connections.
http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/07_watershed/fr/hierarchical.htm
But it's easier to use wikidata to build the graph, too.
http://www.h-renrew.de/h/osm/osmchecks/07_watershed/fr/wikidata_osm.htm

Just add a wikidata tag to the river and the connection as wikidata
property. (mouth of watercourse)

Bad side effect of the tributary usage in France:
It destroys the wikipeda maps, as you'll always get the basin and not
the river:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rh%C3%B4ne -->  bad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danube    -->  nice
(look at the map beside the coordinates)

HTH

Regards
Werner