Hi,

Am 07.03.2016 um 08:56 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> It is possible that some supermarkets would make their list of products
> available electronically and thus provide an incentive for a clever
> hacker to simply convert that to OSM. Once we say we accept a list of
> products for a supermarket, few would make the distinction of "surveyed
> list = ok, imported list = not ok"...
>
> Such an automatic import would practically be the only way to keep a
> list of products current.
>
> […]
>
> Thankfully, this is hypothetical because we won't do it. OSM is a geo
> database and not a sales directory.

I agree with Frederik.

If shop chains like Lidl wanted to provide their list of products in an
automatically readable file format, they would provide an API url per
shop. This API url might be the only part of a product list I would
accept at OSM.

Example:

shop = supermarket
name = Lidl
opening_hours = Mo-Sa 08:00-21:00; PH off
addr:city = Karlsruhe
addr:street = Europaplatz
product_list_url = http://www.lidl.com/api/products/karlsruhe/europaplatz

App developers can use this url to create the link between OSM and Lidl API.

If the comapaies don't want to publish it, such data should be collected
as part of an additional crowdsourcing project. Linking between OSM
object and this OpenProductsDB could be done using postal addresses,
coordinates or shop numbers (sometimes printed on bills).

Best regards

Michael