My original intent in this post was to determine what tags to use in
describing the guest house as an AirBnB venue. The issue of legality hadn't
really occurred to me.

If it turns out that such places are legitimate to tag, how should I
indicate that they are "administered" through AirBnB? The AirBnB connection
isn't a franchise in the usual sense, nor does AirBnB "operate" those
venues. AirBnB takes a percentage of the rent from the owner when the
reservation is made through the AirBnB website but AFAIK the owner is also
free to rent the place separately.

I think I will defer adding any of them until the issue of legality is
resolved. I will also talk to some hosts and look at the AirBnB terms of
agreement to get a better feel for the type of contract involved in the
arrangement between the parties.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19/03/2016 04:41, Dave Swarthout wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a consistent way to tag AirBnB locations. It's probably
>> sufficient to tag them as tourism=guest_house but personally as one who
>> frequently uses AirBnB
>>

> It'll depend on the individual location, won't it?  Some I'm sure will be
> essentially normal guest houses who just happen to do most or all of their
> business via AirBnB; some will be occasionally-let rooms in private houses
> that most certainly aren't.  Presumably the usual OSM guidelines apply -
> when you visit a place you decide how best to categorise it?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska