Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> writes:

> sent from a phone
>
>> Il giorno 20 lug 2016, alle ore 15:06, Greg Troxel <g...@ir.bbn.com> ha
>> scritto:
>>
>> There
>> are many shopping malls near me, and the ways have no access tags.
>> That's wrong, as they aren't public rights of way.  But it is amazingly
>> rare, almost unheard of, to be told not to be there at least at
>> reasonable times.
>

> unless of course you look like a homeless person or are pursuing some
> kind of political campaign or are asking people for money etc. Really
> in these private pseudo public spaces the owner can expel people at
> will for no reason or any reason.

True, except that they can't expel them for an unlawful reason :-)

But in all seriousness, these usually do not have access tags, and
that is not an actual problem.

I realize this is blurring rendering, but I see annotations on
access=private/no (which is good), and on access=permissive (which is
fine, for things that truly fit permissive).  But putting the permissive
icon on shopping mall ways would not serve the map users well.  So I
really just meant that 'pseudo-public' as you call it, which is a good
term, is another case that's between access=yes and access=permissive.

Something like
access=public_welcome_if_you_arent_doing_something_usually_objectionable_on_pseudopublic_land

but at least a little less verbose.