sent from a phone

> Il giorno 02 set 2016, alle ore 15:43, demon.box <e.rossin...@alice.it> ha
> scritto:
>
> hi, how can I tag correctly this artificial cave, used like a shelter for the
> austriac soldiers during the 1915-1918 first world war?
>
> <http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5881560/IMG_8507.jpg>
>
> amenity=shelter
> shelter_type=rock_shelter
> man_made=yes
> historic=yes

what about
military=bunker
bunker_type=rock-cut
start_date=1915

the bunker_type tag is already widely used, the value was invented on the fly,
maybe you can find something that is already used and pertinent:
http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/bunker_type#values

not completely sure about military=bunker, it would be suitable for military
protection, while the shelter tag you suggest is suitable for protection
against the weather.

I believe that a start_date tag would serve the purpose of historical placement
much better than a historic=yes tag which really says almost nothing. Similarly
the man_made=yes, which is implied by the word rock-cut and can be left out

It would still be desirable in this context to find a tag that says that the
feature has been created by the Austrian Army. Is there already something in
use?

Cheers,
Martin