Hans wrote

"I had the same question

On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com

>* A car travelling westbound on an undivided road is about to cross a *>*
north/south divided road at traffic lights. *> >* We wish to prevent the
car from doing a U-turn at this intersection. *>* Do we have to put in two
no_u_turn restrictions, one for each of the *>* north/south carriageways. *>
>* If we only need one, where do we tag this - on the left carriageway or *>*
the right one? "*

*I'll ask the question over on the routing list.  It does beg the more
basic question of...*

*Do we make the routing software smart, which has the risk of the software
making a wrong assumption/decision and giving the user an incorrect or
dangerous directive or do we make the routing software really dumb which
entails micro mapping every intersection to a ridiculous degree, which in
turn makes it  very hard to keep the map complete up-to-date and accurate.*

*A third option would be to ban all u-turns world wide :-)*

*Nick*