> On Sep 27, 2016, at 15:18, tagging-requ...@openstreetmap.org wrote:
>

> I'd suggest talking to the users concerned - the easiest way is via a
> changeset discussion comment.  If they're unsure what road category to
> use, you can point at other nearby examples in the imagery and say "I'd
> map that as residential" or similar.

I have opened a few changeset discussions, focusing on the newer changesets to
users who have included a lot of highway=road, yet none have replied to me as
of now.

For users who have tagged a low number of items I have done nothing more than
reclassifying the ways.

It should not be necessary to re-validate 3-4 thousand highway=road (only in
Brazil) every year, or have a monthly task for cleaning up this.

> Well your Garmin maps are under your control; you can choose to treat
> highway=road as routable if you want to!  I do.

I currently download my Garmin map, so should I than open a ticket for the
provider to consider routing on highway=road? What about my favourite online
routing tool, which also doesn’t support routing on highway=road, should I open
a ticket there as well? Will opening ticket on all of these third party
providers solve my situation? Probably not.

Wiki indicates that highway=road implies “FIXME=Need proper survey” and that
the tag is for temporary use until classification can be determined. If the
mapper have no intention of going there, than it is better to guess a value, so
that the road can be routable.