Hi,

Am 2016-10-04 um 11:50 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

>> There is a nice diagram of how to map a simple station
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dstation#A_S
>> imple_Railway_Station
>>

> I believe this diagram is completely wrong regarding the station
> area and landuse. I suggest to remove or improve it. The
> landuse=railway is not ending at the station boundaries [1]. The
> area depicted as landuse=railway is actually the railway=station
> area.
>
> The user who made this diagram is the same who removed the
> area-icon from the railway=station article, so it is not
> astonishing he used a node only version in his diagram.

I drew the figure as an illustration of the written documentation.

Yes, landuse=railway ends in the figure at the entry signals of the
station but that does not mean that the area beyond the entry signals
must not be mapped with an additional polygon which gets
landuse=railway, too. I added them to the figure and uploaded a new
version.

A relation with type=railway + railway=operating_site could connect the
station node and the area of the station (landuse=railway polygon).

Best regards

Michael

- --
ausgenommen)