sent from a phone

> Il giorno 31 ott 2016, alle ore 21:12, wille <wille....@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>

> Currently, the wiki recommendation is to tag the services offered by a
> car_shop or car_retail using service=dealer;repair;tyres;parts

Can you point to the page where this is recommended? When was this proposed or
discussed? According to taginfo it seems as if shop=car_parts is a common way
of tagging shops for car parts. What does it mean if a shop=car has
service=parts attached? Is it selling car parts? Or only repairing parts? How
would you tag a place that repairs car electrics/electronics? Why "service" and
not "sells", e.g. sells:car_parts=..., sells:tyres=...  and "repairs", etc
What about selling used cars/car parts? What about places dealing only with the
paint of cars, or only with the body work? Places dealing with car tuning? Car
audio? Historic car parts?
I agree there's a lot of specialized services around cars (and motorcycles as
well), and a lot of details that would be useful to know when searching for a
place to solve a specific problem, but it needs more than a mailing list
discussion to deal with this, I suggest to make one or several proposals for
these, rather than skipping this step and adding a few currently not or rarely
used tags right into an editor.

cheers,
Martin