Am 06.11.2016 um 10:15 schrieb Tijmen Stam:
On 06-11-16 02:30, Mark Wagner wrote:

How sure are you that the situations are similar?  A bus-only driveway
giving access to a transit center and a bus-only road through a city
are both "access=no, psv=designated", but they're not similar sorts of
things.

Not at all. But in Europe (the Netherlands, Germany, France) the practice seems to be (from my inspection) to tag busways as highway=service (with appropriate tags)

Actually, the only busway coming to my mind around here (Cologne area) is tagged as hw=residential and has been since the beginning. It's in shape and appearance a continuation of a proper (normal access) hw=residential into a hw=primary through a small stretch of wood.

Then I looked around with overpass turbo a bit (looking for vehicle=no and bus=yes or psv=yes). You are right, many cases are tagged with hw=service. Then again many of those are indeed service ways as they give access to bus stops.

Of proper busways still many are tagged with hw=service but as many also with hw=residential. Of the former I would have tagged many as hw=x_link or hw=residential myself.

Cheers, Tobias