sent from a phone

> Il giorno 27 nov 2016, alle ore 14:28, yo paseopor <yopaseo...@gmail.com> ha
> scritto:
>
> For me it is not a bad idea. OpenStreetmap has to start to think in a "global
> map" as is a geographic database, so flights or ferries has to be inside in.

while ferries take more or less everytime the same route, airplanes don't as
explained above. There's airspace, which has the 3d problem but could
theoretically be mapped as areas with height information (but there's no way
for mappers to observe it). IMHO this would cause much more disturbance than
benefit (and likely there aren't any compatible sources available anyway).

What could be mapped are connections, i.e. relations with just the airports as
members in the order they form the route, with operator tags, flight numbers,
etc, but without connecting ways (as these aren't anything fixed). We'd end up
with hundreds of relations for the major airports, obfuscating the other
relations, but could be filtered. Also for these I'm not sure if there are any
compatible sources, and if there were it seems more suitable to let users on
the fly create these connections locally, as the airports with IATA codes are
already there, and it seems trivial to do it, while osm data in this field
would likely be incomplete and outdated anyway (too much change and too few
users).

cheers,
Martin