I was considering to make a proposal for the next Google Summer of Code.
Last summer I mentored the Public Transport Assistant plugin. I think it
would be relatively easy to extend its functionality to foot and bicycle
relations, so it becomes easier to validate and fix them. We'll see how it
goes. With a fair bit of automation, it shouldn't be too hard to
incorporate roundabouts and dual carriiage ways in those kinds of relations.

Polyglot