On 13-Feb-17 03:42 PM, John Willis wrote:

Javbw

On Feb 13, 2017, at 5:38 AM, Mark Wagner <mark+...@carnildo.com> wrote:

That wouldn't work too well in the US.  Here, capacities are
typically measured in notional "loads": the average laundromat would
have a large number of "single-load" machines, a few "double-load" or
"triple-load" machines, and possibly a side-loading "five-load" machine
for things like quilts or sleeping bags.
Since it can be converted to Kg, it could be normalized, or a US tagging scheme
used, since there are tons of laundromats in the US:

Laundromat:US:1load_agitator_washer=20
Laundromat:US:2load_agitator_washer=2
Laundromat:US:5load_sidewasher=1

I wonder what the rest of the world uses for laundry measurement - pieces?
Loads? Weight?

I would think it is best to use the same practices used for other units ...

The default should be SI units ... like kilometre km for distance, but other
units like miles can be used if the unit is appended.

Washing machines sizing looks like they use mass (kg) for some places (UK,
Australia, NZ), pounds for some (USA) and volume (cubic foot) in other places
(USA?)... so that is a bit confusing.

See the web links below for examples of size units.
I would think that the same tag values should be used so

laundry:top_loading:1_load=20 (if 'load' can be found as a size .. somewhere?)

laundry:top_loading:5_cu_ft=20
laundry:top_loading:6_lbs=20

laundry:top_loading:20_kg=20

laundry:front_loading:15_kg=8

laundry:shoe_washer=2

I have never heard the terms 'sidewasher' .. I assume this is what I call front
UK - front loader
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Washing-Machines-Front-Load/b?ie=UTF8&node=494926031

I note that front loaders are common in the domestic area .. but commercially
(in Laundromats) top loaders are more common.

Agitator I have heard of .,.. but that is a 'top loader'?

USA - front loader and top loader
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=washing+machine&sprefix=washing+ma%2Caps%2C428&crid=30REZUSOII599