On 19-Feb-17 02:24 PM, Tristan Anderson wrote:

I think I see what the problem is and correct me if I'm wrong. Under the current tagging scheme the only way to tag a road that prohibits Kraftwagen would be something like...

bus=no

goods=no

hgv=no

moped=yes

motorcar=no

motorcycle=yes

 ...and probably several others

Even though this situation is unheard of in North America and the UK, it is common enough in Germany that there should be a way to streamline it, something along the lines of double_track=no, or, if there isn't a suitable English translation, kraftwagen=no. I would agree that Personenkraftwagen translates perfectly into motorcar in the OSM sense of the word.

How about

motor_vehicle=no

motorcycle=yes

moped=yes

? The later access tags could override the first?