Humanity is so curious. We make a mistake, we "receive" the consequences
and we don't learn anything, and promote the same mistake.

OHM was a good project...but had a bad choice: data outside OSM. Then the
project had slept...and the information is , nowadays...lost? Well, the
project woke up...but now...where is the "old" information of the same
project?
Compare it with http://histosm.org . Why this map is more complete than the
other? Because all the info is IN OSM.

Ok , it would be one situation, is not the normality...
Think about http://parking.openstreetmap.de ...oh, isn't working? Oh, Did
we lose the information? Well, you can use http://bit.ly/parkingosm because
the data was inside OSM so you can make another render to show the
information.

So I think the right place for information is OSM's database. Then who
wants can use data to make a render of that data.
History is real and specific in a lot of things. So these things that one
day existed or had that property should be in OSM. How...I don't know the
best way, but it is important to make the information accesible to
everyone, and in a easy way without the risk of losing information.

Salut i història (Health and History)
yopaseopor
PD: I support this proposal or similars