On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> whether the node is independent or part of one or more ways depends on the
> situation and mapper. Even if the node is now part of just one way, in the
> future this might change and it can become member of more ways (e.g. if the
> way it is on is split at the node of the stop sign or if another way is
> connected to the stop sign).

No, nodes for traffic signs has to be of one way. When mappers need it
mappers duplicate the node...like ATMs and banks or the poop dog trash.
Traffic signs are also before the cross or the situation you have it (it
make no sense to warning you of a hazard...when the hazard is passed by.
All features of OSM has a good way or good practise to map it, we have to
decide which one is the most useful , simple, easy and complete.

Salut i senyals de trĂ nsit (Health and traffic signs)
yopaseopor