On 28-Apr-17 09:43 AM, John Willis wrote:
Very large facilities often have separated parking for various types of
vehicles. We represent these with basic tags - car, bicycle, motorbike parking,
but I am wondering how to tag large vehicle parking (semi trucks and similar
size), bus parking (distinct in many parking lots catering to tourists) and
handicapped/disabled _only_ parking lots. Many larger places I am tagging have
separated, gate controlled lots for handicapped tags, offering special
amenities, or at least have a separated zone.

When tagging a large facility I need:

- car(understood)

 - car with trailer (usual in home renovation/building centres)

-bus
-"large" (truck/tanker/semi,etc)
-motorbike (understood)
-disabled car only
-disabled bus only
-bicycle (understood)

All have separate sections and are easily mappable via area. I recently mapped
Hanyu SA this way. The parking lots have different spaces painted and signed
for only one type of vehicle, and is representative of most modern malls,
businesses, and venues that have a lot of parking in Japan.

Being able to map their location, especially for the disabled car parking, is
very useful because usually it offers many additional amenities to disabled
people and can be placed randomly. In such a large lot, knowing exactly where
to go is very helpful. I have driven wheelchair vans before, and you need all
the help you can get!

This came to my mind because of the overnight fee just for HGV vehicles.

Any advice on how to represent these as different lots correctly is appreciated.

Javbw

I have a few friends that ride motorcycles ... with a disabled sticker.
Though one refuses to take a disabled sticker - says he is not in pain so he
does not need one.
The remainder take their pick from the motorcycle or disabled places.
Most of the 'amenity' for disabled places seams to be a wider parking area (to allow doors to fully open with space for a wheelchair) with close proximity to the entry.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Parking
has the presently recognised OSM parking things.

A proposal that has individual space, something that maybe usefull here.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/parking