Names of things are changing ll the time. Here in Alaska, Barrow has been
renamed to Utqiagvik, for example.

However, I don't think you should use the name_1 tag. There has been
endless discussion on this list about the uses of tags having numerical
suffixes either with underscores or colons, and I believe that notation is
out of favor now. Names like this one might better be tagged either as
old_name=Lake Calhoun, or alt_name=Lake Calhoun. Using alt_name has, IIRC,
the additional advantage of being searchable with Nominatum.

Best,

Dave

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Tom Hardy <rhardy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Huh.  That one flew right by me.  Noted.  Now I have to learn to
>> pronounce it.
>

> Me too. Next time I'm in Minneapolis I don't want to see like a tourist
> and pronounce it incorrectly.
>
> FYI - We "renamed" our county because the original person was also a slave
> owner. Fortunately we went from being named after William R. King to Martin
> Luther King, Jr. So King County became King County. Much easier.
>
> --
> @osm_seattle
> osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us

Dave Swarthout