Hey there

Together with Roland Krüger, I am in the process of letting users of
StreetComplete, a surveyor app for OpenStreetMap, specify the produce of
orchards.[1]
We did a lot of research on which plants are grown on orchards [2] and
are now at the point where we need to decide how these should be tagged.

Unfortunately, there are *three* competing keys to describe basically
the same things (for orchards). Neither of these is deprecated, all are
in use: trees, crop and produce.

I'd like to hear your opinion about which tagging would be preferable in
your opinion. As all three can be inferred from each other, I want to
use _one_ tag consistently to avoid adding duplicate information just to
satisfy all the different ways to tag the same thing.

So, the options are:

1. trees=apple_trees, trees=oil_palms, trees=raspberry,
   trees=vanilla_plants, trees=rubber_trees etc...

or
2. crop=apple, crop=palm_oil, crop=raspberry, crop=vanilla, crop=rubber
   etc...

or
3. produce=apple, produce=palm_oil, produce=raspberry, produce=vanilla,
   produce=rubber, etc...

Greetings
Tobias

[1] https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete/issues/368