W dniu 25.10.2017 o 10:49, Martin Koppenhoefer pisze:

what does make a name a "nickname"? IMHO a nickname is an alternative name that is not official. If you say "Big Apple" is not a local or regional name, it might still be tagged as alternative name or national name. Also int_name could have sense here (mostly it hasn't). Where do you see conflict with existing definitions?

It's a place name (toponym), but it's not used in the context or any territory. Hence I don't feel any tag which is about range the name is used, does not apply. It's also not old, short or sorting name for sure.

alt_name could be used as a last resort (" If there is a name that does not fit in any of the above keys, alt_name can be used"), but it's already used.

A nickname in many cases is completely different than any other name variants, but relates to the same object.

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]