On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 21:29 +0100, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> On 29.10.2017 16:44, Andrew Hain wrote:
> > How should an establishment that bills itself as “the dog friendly
> > cafe” be tagged?
>
> dog=* is used 8615 times, of which 1875 are dog=yes.
> 5498 uses are on highways, 854 on amenities and 1114 together with
> opening_hours
>
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/dog#values
>
> Though without its own page, this would be my first recommendation.
> See also https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Animals

Its a bit more than simply allowed, although I do think dog friendly is
a bit subjective in the same way motorcycle friendly was.

Maybe you can tag the features that make it dog friendly, such a jar of
biscuits, water bowls provided for example.

Cafes are not somewhere you would normally classify as dog friendly,
non-assistance dogs are not allowed where food is being served, but dog
friendly pubs are fairly common.

Phil (trigpoint)