Am 10.01.2018 um 12:32 schrieb Ilya Zverev:
Selfish Seahorse wrote:
The course of the route is determined by the order of the stops in the
route relation. Therefore forward/backward roles would be redundant.
But stops are not mandatory in public transport routes, unlike
highways/railways!
I am quite sure that in _reality_ a stop _or_ a platform is mandatory in a public transport route - otherwise you would just have a route with 'hitchhiking'?
PTv1 - zero or more for both - aha ...
PTv2 - mandatory for both, but if may be only one is present, the other is not really mandatory anymore - aha ...

There is a reason for that I only map highway=bus_stop ...