On 19/02/2018 09:00, Philip Barnes wrote:
Hi Joost
As a native English speaker I have never heard the term Hollow Way, however reading the description it seems that this proposal is describing what is called a Sunken Lane.

I would avoid cutting as that implies something that has been cut deliberately for the construction of a motorway, railway or canal etc.

The map https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/historic=hollow_way#map suggests that it's been used in Germany by people who think it's an English term.

It's not really used at all in modern English - there are a few placenames called "Holloway" (the one in Derbyshire might be named after the top bit of https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/127047259 ) so it doesn't really make sense to "approve" it as a tag.  If people want to use it locally - fine - and if renderers locally want to use it also fine (under the "any tags you like" principle).

Best Regards,

Andy