> in osm, platform is where people wait to take the train.
> people always are "somewhere" before taking the train.
> osm platform <> irl plateform

Do you mean `public_transport=platform` [^1], `railway=platform` [^2] or both?

If `railway=platform` means the same as `public_transport=platform`,
then the wiki page about `railway=platform` needs an update, because
it currently reads 'a railway platform'.

[^1]: <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:public_transport%3Dplatform>
[^2]: <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dplatform>

>  > how can we know whether there is a platform?
>
> by geometry. if it's a way, it is a "real" plaform.
> if not, it's unknown.

'Unknown' means we don't know anything. If `railway=platform` really
is identical to `public_transport=platform` this would mean that there
is no way to define that there is no platform.

> maybe a better value should be "embarkation point" but it's "too late"
> to change a so common value.

Why not just 'stop'?

It's never too late to correct a mistake ...