On 3/10/2018 5:27 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:

On Mar 9, 2018 03:49, "Austin Zhu" <austinzhu...@gmail.com <mailto:austinzhu...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Well, maybe there is someone who thinks mapping runway as area is
    wrong? I think that both way and area are OK, because the way
    element matches the way we map taxiways. So it is useful when
    others need to guide their plane using osm data(maybe in flight
    simulator softwares). Mapping as area can show the width of the
    runway and thus is more realistic. The best method should be using
    both elements. Just like highway objects. Obviously, the wikipage
    needs some edit or restoration.

Map the runways and taxiways as linear (who knows, someone might want to have a routable model for flight simulators or similar games), and map the negative space (grass infields, etc) as areas?

Eventually routers will have to deal with areas that are routable .. pedestrian areas , step areas as well as runways that are areas.