W dniu 29.03.2018 o 09:43, Johnparis pisze:
> I have spent some time reading
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/435
> and
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/331

Great! I will try to do it too, but thanks for the summary anyway.

> It seems that one major issue was that, given a simple
> public_transport=platform situation, which icon should be used to
> render it? In many cases there isn't a {mode}=yes tag.

I don't think that platform should always have an icon. It might be
clear from the context if it's a train, tram or ferry, for example.
Icons for buses however make sense for me, because there is no trail
visible on a default map to spot them.

> A third concern was double-rendering. If both a highway=bus_stop node
> and a public_transport=platform node exist, won't mappers want to
> remove the duplicate? I would hope so! Alternatively, if a stop area
> is mapped with both public_transport=platform
> and public_transport=stop_position, won't that make the map messy?
> That, it seems to me, is a valid consideration. It was proposed to NOT
> render public_transport=stop_position in all cases, which frankly I
> agree with when the node is on a highway (not clear to me when it's on
> a railway, as I don't have experience there).

I don't want to render stop position on default map. It worked great for
a half-automated bus routing updates in Warsaw (we were able to catch up
with the changes and the positions were accurate, without expensive
guessing), so I wouldn't like to get rid of them, but I think this is
not what people are looking for on the map.

I also hope that this will make the schema transition reality. When I
started using Tag History tool I was surprised to find that some
transitions went smooth without proper change in our rendering (like
emergency phones - full transition half a year before visual change,
IIRC), but some more substantial things like landuse->landcover or
platforms need some support from the rendering department to happen in
my opinion.

> The last issue, raised by kocio-pl, who I assume is Daniel Koć of this
> thread, is that someone needs to write the code.

Yes, that's me. We are looking for coders (of all the types of features,
including simple cleaning), because at the moment it's our scarcest
resource - on the other hand the ideas are cheap, because we have a lot
of them...

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]