> Looking at the specified dimensions, that thing is 1m wide (which I assume
> is the outside dimension, so make it maybe 90cm available to sit in
> between).

you have posted 4 "benches", and only one has arm rests which might make it
unsuitable for 2 people to sit on. Generally, an adult needs about 50cm to
sit (straight) and 60cm to sit comfortable, so if we don't want to sit
uncomfortable, these benches are amenity=bench according to OSM standards.

You can always make a proposal for voting on a wiki change.
It wasn't me putting the definition for benches there, but wrt the number
of persons I agree with it.

Cheers,
Martin