It is unclear for me what and how you tag. Can you link example OSM object
(way/node)?

"building tagged addr:housenumber=100-102 may be even numbers only leaving out
101"

So building has 100 and 102 housenumber assigned to it? I would use two address
nodes
placed on a building, but addr:housenumber=100;102* also would probably work.

* or 101,102 - it appears that comma is six times more popular as a separator
than standard ;
according to https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Ahousenumber#values
<https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/addr%3Ahousenumber#values>

9. May 2018 08:03 by andrewhain...@hotmail.co.uk