I'm not on the DWG.  I'm just a mapper who reads this mailing list.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Thilo Haug <th...@gmx.de> wrote:

> would you say this picture is "off topic" ?
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:
> aeroway%3Dspaceport&oldid=1519060#Pictures

Yes.  WILDLY off topic.  Totally irrelevant to the content of the page.

The images of the launchpad, landingpad, hangar and runway are helpful to
distinguish exactly
what is meant by those values for aeroway=*.

The images below them are in no way relevant to aeroway=*.  Even you know
that because you pass
them off as "background information."  But they're not.  They do not help
understand the aeroway tag at
all.

I'd also say your rant on this mailing list is similarly off-topic.  Having
been told, politely, that your
irrelevant images were not appreciated, you posted your tedious
back-and-forth argument here
in the hope that somebody would take your side.

This is all purely my own opinion as an ordinary mapper with no connection
to the DWG.  But I have
to say that if I'd been the DWG member dealing with you I'd have found it
very, VERY difficult
to be as polite with you as he was.  Come to that, I'm finding it difficult
to be polite with you here.

--
Paul