As a node, the trailhead proposal might fit as well:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/trailhead

Alberto

From: Martin Koppenhoefer [mailto:dieterdre...@gmail.com]
Sent: venerdì 11 maggio 2018 11:33
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] key: starting=yes ??

<mailto:pelder...@gmail.com> >:

Well, in a roundtrip there are often multiple designated starting points with a
parking lot, information panels, bus stop or railway statin nearby, toilets.
These designated starting points are commonly shown on paper maps and tourist
maps, and present themselves as starting points.

I do not see how this is recorded by adding ways.

I agree it is worth tagging (if objectively observable / signposted), and agree
with Mateusz it has to be part of the route relation, not a node. My suggestion
would be to add a node (or more if needed) to the route relation with the role
"start" or "starting_point".

There are already 3476 role "start" in route relations by the way:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/relations/route#roles

And I have found some docu in the wiki:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:roundtrip
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:route%3Dfitness_trail