On 23/05/18 07:25, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

21. May 2018 22:34 by 61sundow...@gmail.com <mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com>:

    Hi,

    Following from the discussion on "Seasonal, intermittent, and
    ephemeral water tags" I have created this proposal.

    Hopefully the definition is tight enough that it excludes
    intermittent, seasonal and any other thing that is not ephemeral.

    I have also included a guide on determination so that mappers can
    see how to determine if something is ephemeral.

    So here it is ...

    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/ephemeral

    Is it clear? Do you understand it?

No, "ephemeral=summer" is unclear -

It is a possible ephemeral flow (a flow of short duration) ... that can only occur in summer.

Similar to a tag seasonal=summer ... something that is seasonal that can only occur in summer.

I quote from the seasonal OSM wiki page
"describes exact season (if possible) when feature is present."

I'll put simillar on the proposed ephemeral page too, see below.

is it

for flow that is constant but ephemeral

An ephemeral flow is of short duration.
A constant flow would be there all the time ... so it could never be described as ephemeral.

The tagging text on the ephemeral page now reads
"If a season is specified it states the exact season (if possible) when the ephemeral can occur, during other seasons there would be no ephemeral flow.

For example, when tagged  ephemeral=summer the ephemeral flow can only take place in summer, thus the ephemeral flow is restricted to one season."

Is that clear?